Jewelry made of gemstones and/or precious metals (gold, silver platinum or palladium) is considered “fine jewelry.” The term fine is used in contrast with costume or fashion jewelry, which is made from base metals, synthetic gemstones, and other materials.
- 07 Nov Why Red & Green? The History of Holiday Jewelry Colors0 comments
- 26 Jul Tiny Stamps on Shiny Objects: A History of US Gold & Silver Marks1 comments
- 19 Jun Vintage vs. Antique & Other Terms for “Old Stuff”0 comments
- 17 Jun Precious Metals – Jewelry, Coins & Bullion0 comments
- 10 Jun The Pearl In Literature0 comments