The term antique officially means anything that is at least 100 years old. If someone is advertising an antique desk from the 1940s (and its not yet the year 2045), they are either not experienced sellers, or they are not being honest. When buying from a reputable store or experienced collector, an item listed as antique should be genuine. Remember that determining an objects age can take significant expertise and/or research. Most genuine antiques dont have a date on them.
- 07 Nov Why Red & Green? The History of Holiday Jewelry Colors0 comments
- 26 Jul Tiny Stamps on Shiny Objects: A History of US Gold & Silver Marks1 comments
- 19 Jun Vintage vs. Antique & Other Terms for “Old Stuff”0 comments
- 17 Jun Precious Metals – Jewelry, Coins & Bullion0 comments
- 10 Jun The Pearl In Literature0 comments